Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My Blogging Hiatus

Happy New Year! Can you guess what my New Year's resolution is? It's been a long four months away from the blogging world, and it feels good to be back. I never intended to take this long of a break, but a few things have kept me away. The first happens to be the cutest little baby girl in the world. Since we moved to our new apartment, Rosie's sleeping habits went from not great to terrible. Unfortunately to avoid waking her up, I became a bit of a noise Nazi in the process, much to Andrew's dismay. That meant I never wanted to use our computer anymore, (our desktop sits right outside Rosie's door), for fear typing taps or squeak of the chair would wake her from her temperamental slumber. Sounds pretty anal, I know, but let's just say I was a little desperate. Suffice it to say, blogging became out of the question, especially because when Rose was awake, she was very adamant that I should not use the computer.


But after a lot of thinking and talking and a big leap of faith we finally decided to sleep train our little one, and after one terribly hard week, she finally learned how to sleep and has been a little sleeping angel ever since. About that time, however, morning sickness with baby #2 kicked in (yep, I'm expecting; 15 weeks along), and so I really didn't feel like doing much of anything. I'm feeling better now, but with all the busyness that goes with the holidays, not to mention three birthdays and an anniversary, there really hasn't been much time.


So now that things are finally settling down I'm ready to blog! I can't promise a post a day, but I hope to do a better job sharing in the new year.

1 comment:

  1. I am so thrilled to hear you're expecting!! Congrats and welcome back to the blog world. Glad to hear your little one is sleeping well-- it makes such a difference!

    ReplyDelete