Monday, January 21, 2013

Bear Lake: Activities

While we were at Bear Lake, we planned lots of fun activities that turned out great. Our reunion theme was the London Summer Olympics which were just finishing up at the start of our trip. We had a great time making food and planning activities that incorporated this theme.




Here are some pictures from craft time for the kids where they painted the Olympic rings.




We had a special Family Home Evening where my Dad taught the grandkids the Haws family tradition of the Ich Bin Guten Doctor song. Then we learned about keeping family records and made a time capsule that will be opened in 2031 at my parent's 50th wedding anniversary.

Enjoying learning the song



Then my sister Katie planned a London-style Harry Potter movie night for the kids complete with Butter Beer, licorice wands and Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans.







One of the most intense activities was an adult sports competition planned by my brother Jordan which included a basketball shoot out, ping pong, pool, and an insane race through the house's complex slide system. I proudly took the ping pong title after years of losing to my brother and my dad. But it was my brother-in-law Jeremy who was the overall champion.



The kids also had fun decorating Olympic cupcakes with Grandma.





I was in charge of the treasure hunt where I made signs for each room and made clues to go with them. At the end the kids found reunion T-shirts for everyone.











We also put on a mini Olympics for the kids where they picked countries and got their faces painted with the flag and then had some track and field events. Everyone got a gold medal at the end and it turned out great.


No comments:

Post a Comment