Saturday, February 1, 2014

Dating My Husband

Another post I forgot to publish a long time ago:

One of our favorite ways to spend our date nights is to re-enact old dates we've already done, especially before we were married. Andrew has always been the nostalgic type and I have been surprised how much fun it has been. Not only is it a perfect way to start traditions, but it's fun to reminisce and see how far we've come in the year or so since we did it last. So here are some of our favorites:

Tandem Bike

One of our first dates was a tandem bike ride down to Utah Lake following the Provo River Trail complete with a J Dawg feast. When Andrew first asked me, I said yes, but was very nervous about it. I had never been on a tandem bike before and wasn't very confident on a regular bike. I looked online and it scared me even more when it said it can be very difficult to coordinate the two bikers and in some cases can be a "relationship killer" instead of a fun date. But as soon as we tried I found it was completely easy and fun, which goes to show never trust what you read on the internet.

While we were riding that first time I jokingly asked him if he took all the girls on this bike ride. To my surprise and his embarrassment, he said yes. He made it up to me later though by saying he had the most fun with me. I also like to tease him that that first date he had the perfect opportunity to hold my hand as we walked around the lake, but was too chicken to do it. Last summer, as seen above, and the summer before he made sure not to make the same mistake. We have had so much fun all three of our summers together, so we hope to be able to do it again this summer after the baby comes.

 Art Museum



Our first date ever was a trip to the Springville Art Museum. It was my first time there, but Andrew was a pro showing me around his favorite pieces since his family has lived right around the corner for most of his life. That night they were having a college night with free food and entertainment so it turned out to be a great date. We ended up going back the next year to college night again and proudly told everyone who would listen our college night success story. This is us last summer once again enjoying another great trip to the museum.



 Alpine Loop




Another favorite date has been driving up the Alpine Loop in the fall right when the leaves are changing colors. It is absolutely breathtaking and makes for a great time to talk and enjoy the beauties of nature. The photo above is our third year making the trip and we look forward to many more.

This photo was our second time after we had been married nine months. I guess we haven't changed much since then.




Folk Fest









State Fair









Fantastic Mr. Fox

This one is kind of interesting, but has turned out to be a fun favorite. We always buy a turkey around Thanksgiving time because of the sales and freeze it for later. And then when we are in the mood for another Thanksgiving dinner, whether it's in February or June, we cook it along with other traditional Thanksgiving dishes. The first time we did this, as you can imagine, we had lots of leftovers. One night I looked up recipes that used Thanksgiving leftovers and came across a recipe called Meat Pie. It looked good and called for all of the leftovers we had, so I decided to make it. That night, we just happened to rent The Fantastic Mr. Fox which we had never seen before. We were pleasantly surprised with both. The food was really tasty and we fell in love with the film. It turned out to be a really fun evening. So now after we cook our turkey, we make sure we have a Fantastic Mr. Fox and Meat Pie night so we can enjoy the experience all over again.


No comments:

Post a Comment